The coooool action for totally normal cycling between December and February
No matter if you cycle all year round or if you thought cycling was rather for perfect weather and scenic landscapes: This is your chance!
FrostCycling unites winter newbies and routiniers. With a bit of luck, you win cool prizes for cycling 500 km or more. By the way, you'll feel great, get even fitter and save lots of money and energy. Join in!
Fed up with the climate crisis, traffic jams, noise and high fuel prices? Join FrostCycling!
The necessary transport revolution is progressing far too slow. Yet the bicycle has enormous hidden potential that we can start using right now.
With FrostCycling, we show to the world that cycling is fully-fledged mobility, even beyond beautiful weather and gorgeous environments. Join in with others to transform transport on a daily basis!
- Get the Naviki app.
- Open the app and go to MORE / Contests / FrostCycling.
- Enable the switch "I participate".
- Record your cycled trips with the Naviki app. Naviki also records your trips if you use it for navigation on a planned route. Your trips automatically count for FrostCycling.
- Enjoy your growing heatmap and the latest rankings.
FrostCycling runs till February 28, 2023. We'll raffle off cool prizes among everyone recording more than 500 km!
- Valid trips count wherever they were cycled. They are not restricted to a specific city or region.
- In case a participant enters FrostCycling after the contest started, all trips recorded with the Naviki app before participating (but after the start of FrostCycling) count if they remain below the thresholds mentioned below.
- Cycled trips recorded with the Naviki app count. In order to make sure that only cycled trips count, filters automatically remove recorded trips exceeding the following thresholds: average speed 30 km/h and maximum speed 60 km/h, length 150 km.
- All kinds of bicycles are allowed: 'normal', MTB, racing, cargo, e-bikes etc.
- Participants can set up teams. The minimum number of participants for a team is 3, the maximum number is 10. Each participant can join one team. Valid recorded trips also count for the team. The latest opportunity for changing team membership is February 21 (2023), 23:59 Central European Time.
- To ensure fair play, on suspicion of cheating the FrostCycling coordinators can check accordant trips. The coordinators have the right to exclude trips they consider to be fake or questionable and to exclude participants from FrostCycling who cheat or behave unfair.
- All decisions are final and not subject to legal appeal, any recourse to courts of law is excluded.
For privacy on heatmaps, Naviki automatically cuts off the first and last 400 metres of each recorded trip before it appears on a heatmap for teams or for the entire contest.