The best Naviki maps to date are here!
The new Naviki maps look great and they provide numerous advantages, which we briefly present on this page. When you use the new maps as Offline Maps, you should consider our advice explained below.
You can find the new maps in the latest versions of our apps and here on the Naviki website.
Advantages of the new maps
We have developed the new maps based on advanced technologies in order to offer the following advantages, among others:
- Selection of several bicycle-specific map styles for different tastes
- Always sharp and easy to read maps, continuous zooming without loss of quality
- Automatic alignment of fonts in viewing direction
- Possibility to tilt the map by two-finger gesture (up/down)
- Optional automatic night mode
- Hill shading for the representation of mountains
- Display of contour lines
- 3D representation of buildings ("Muscle Ache" styles)
- Display of regional, national and international theme and brand routes ("Plus" styles)
- Display of bicycle route nodes ("Plus" styles) which are particularly popular in the Netherlands, Belgium and the German-Dutch border area.
- Display of MTB-Trails
- Display of numerous landmarks
Advice for using Offline Maps
Time required for downloading Offline Maps
While the map data is being downloaded, your device processes it further to display a map. This requires the computing power of the device, which can be time consuming, especially on older devices.
We recommend that you download only those map sections that you actually need. You can download additional map sections at any time.
It may feel pleasant to have e.g. "all of Europe" or "a whole country" stored on your mobile. But looked at soberly this won't be necessary in most cases. Nevertheless, we are currently examining how we can also offer larger regions or entire countries as a complete download package in the near future.
Time required for displaying the map
The time in which the map builds up to can be slightly longer with the new maps. An improvement in the latest app updates already significantly reduces the loading time. The time to display the map also depends on the number of downloaded map sections. Also for this reason, we recommend that you currently only download those map sections to your device that you really need.
Another factor for duration in which the map builds up is the performance of your device. That's why we can't give a general recommendation as to how many map sections you should download.
Appearance and information included in the new maps
Many users report that they find the design of the new map styles beautiful and useful. Nevertheless, we will continuously collect feedback in order to further improve Naviki maps.